Master of Arts in International Affairs
Brief programme outline
- The MAIA programme will be launched beginning 2018-19. We are now accepting applications for 2018-19 with the programme starting September 2018.
- The Master of Arts in International Affairs (MAIA) is hosted by the Department of Political Science: http://www.ln.edu.hk/polsci/. The MAIA programme aims to provide postgraduate education and training in international affairs with a political science emphasis.
- Two modes of study will be offered under this MA programme:
1) One-year, two terms, full-time degree
2) Two-years, four terms, part-time degree
- The MAIA programme requires the completion of a total of 24 credit hours, including 4 compulsory courses (12 credits) and 4 elective courses (12 credits).
- The classes would be conducted in the form of a seminar with a high expectation of a close interaction between students and instructor. Students are expected to undertake responsible self-study, doing weekly required readings and making presentations in classes. A research term paper as part of the assessment is also a norm.
- Tuition for 2018-19: full-time: HK$89,000; part-time: HK$44,500, with several student scholarships available in the forms of half-fee and/or quarter-fee tuition waiver to academic outstanding applicants.
- For overseas and Mainland Chinese students who aim for high quality English language Master degree education, our MAIA programme should be a very good choice with its high degree of internationalization and relatively low costs for tuition and living in Hong Kong. Our teaching staff all obtained PhD degree at major universities in the United States, Britain, Australia, Canada and New Zealand.